Sunday, March 20, 2011

Ciplak in The Borneo Post - Can We Do Something?



 Today I was shocked by news received from a friend via SMS. I have telephone line problem and therefore the SMS was received two days late. I was informed by a friend of another unethical conduct infringing copyright and publishing my photo taken from my blog without permission. With undue respect of existence of bloggers and right of ownership, this has been repeatedly happening to many bloggers including myself. The most disappointing, infringing copyright and unethical conduct is not just committed by individuals in the cyberworld (who could be uneducatedly ignorance) but has also been committed by reputed publishers in this country. I have written to the newspaper demanded their apology on this matter and hopefully they will act professionally.  I'm also hoping they will take action to stop recurrence or at least simply asking for permission and return the credits appropriately - not sure why that is so difficult. Actually most bloggers will be delighted to get theirs published by the media and will give consent if asked.



Check the newspaper dated Friday, March 18, 2011 page 18 of HOME. Also check my earlier post on Fried Mee Hailam here for reference.



My regret is that our effort and sacrifice are not appreciated at all. I guess the other photo at top is also a Ciplak (confirmed it is... just got an email from the owner).



What shall we bloggers do to stop this kind of thing.... bingung lah.

Show your support by feedback to them in their website here.







Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment