Saturday, March 19, 2011

Speaking in International Women's Day 2011

 I was invited as a guest speaker in International Women's Day celebration today in Mega Hotel Miri to speak on "Career Women with Hobbies". It was a pleasure and an honor to share my humble experience with almost 300 women today. There were two honorable guests, YB Datin Hjh Fatimah Abdullah (Minister in Chief Minister's Office, Sarawak), YB Puan Rosie Yunus (Bekenu Adun) and other distinguished guests.



My speech was about balancing life between successful career and hobbies in cooking and quilting (as well as family). I was very surprise with the feedback I received after the speech with appreciation for the inspiring talk and congratulating my achievements in life. Several women that I didn't know rushed to the stage and shaked my hands and hugs from the two YBs right after the speech, something I did not expect at all. Few women asked for my contact number and even at the end of the programme more came to give appreciation and encouraging words. I am glad what I shared is useful and relevant. This is actually my first experience talking in public (apart from work place which talking is part of my job but more on technical subjects) - many thanks to nominators and the President of WEPS for the trust you had in me.

I had cut short my speech to half the time due to delay in the whole programme and unavailable projector ended up missed out to mention about my blogs.... what a pity.



To all blogger friends, let's celebrate the Women's Day and be proud of our hobbies including the dedication in blogging.... many thanks for your networking and support...!
 A token of appreciation from the organiser... lovely fresh orchids.

 Posing with YB Datin Hjh Fatimah and the President of WEPS (Women Entrepreneurs & Profesional Association Sarawak) and one of the organising committee member. I was in red because the theme was Red or Black.







Categories:

0 comments:

Post a Comment